With Valentines Day just a couple days away, I thought it was a great time to talk about employee appreciation. Whether you think Valentines Day is just a “Hallmark holiday” or not, it’s meant as a reminder to show those we love appreciation. But, what about those people who do not have anyone bribing them a card or flowers?
You can fill that void by showing just how much you appreciate the work they do. Below are 7 simple ideas.
1. A handwritten thank you note.
2. A single flower and piece of candy.
3. Recognize their hard work publicly on a work meeting.
4. Smile. Say hello. Ask about their family.
5. Bring in donuts or have a pizza party lunch.
6. Make a public post on social media for all your customers to see.
7. Show them your listening. Offer a suggestion box.